This render was an exercise in caustics.
I found this piece of stained glass work. I’m not sure if it’s a physical piece of art or a digital work. I brought it into Photoshop, cleaned up the grouting, and turned it into bump, normal, and diffuse maps.
This project was also an lesson in render time, and how to not use all my computer’s RAM to render a single still image.
I’m satisfied for it being my first head model. I think the lips look oddly puckered, and I wish I would have been able to make the ear part of the head’s topology.
I made these models for an assignment for which we were to make a building’s exterior and some environment. I chose to make something I could potentially use for my senior project.